10.22.2007

Ramblings in the middle of the night

I woke up in the middle of the night so I guess I'll ramble

1. I'm doing this because WIRED's cheat on sleep said I shouldn't lay back down until I'm really tired.

2. I went to sleep after midnight, it's 3:45 a.m., and there are 22 new blog posts in my RSS reader - bloggers never sleep it seems.

3. How cheap does the Zune have to get before I buy it for no real reason - $80 for a 30GB refurbished brown Zune now and I'm still balking.

4. The new SanDisk Sansa TakeTV Video Player is a 4gb $100 memory stick that plays DIVX files in HD on your TV with no file conversion. Interesting, and interesting that they chose to put it under their "Sansa" line, which previously covered my mp3 player.

5. My friends and I did a live-auction fantasy baseball draft last night - it turns fantasy basketball into poker and game theory. Somewhat unrelated, Bruce has a pretty hilarious account of the draft.

6. This sure is a different election - TechCrunch is doing interviews with political candidates, Obama and Edwards are twittering (badly), and Myspace & YouTube are airing the debates.

7. The Red Sox are the ALCS champions but the Rockies never lose so it doesn't matter - until the Rockies face Josh Beckett, who also doesn't lose (in the playoffs). I'm pulling for the Rockies I think, but not positive because I'm still bitter about them beating the Phillies so badly.

8. Seeing the chart of the dollar - euro conversion is scary, and doesn't give me confidence in finding an affordable vacation in Europe any time soon.

9. It's past 4 a.m. and Yahoo! Sports didn't update the fantasy football points from yesterday - it's 5 a.m. for baseball and 3 a.m. for basketball - when do football points turn over?

10. The successor to my phone came out - it has windows mobile, a dedicated front keypad, and wifi - I am very jealous, but it is way too expensive.

11. This has killed a half hour, and if I can fall asleep now I'll get 2 full sleep cycles, which is supposedly the right length of time to sleep, so hopefully this helped.