- T-Mobile is trending because Google and T-Mobile have announced G1 a fancy new computer phone like the iPhone.
- Obama is generating tweets today as people react to his comments on CNN from Florida about the current state of the US economy.
- Heroes is still inspiring tweets even after the US premiere of its second season—lots of folks are just now watching it via DVR or online.
- Sarah Palin trends every day but today folks are tweeting about her visit to the UN and that she's only had a passport since 2007.
- iPhone is generally popular but trending more today because of a power adapter recall and the new competitor from Google.
- Adobe is generating tweets today because they've released their flagship software suite, Adobe CS4.
- Paulson is showing up in the Twitter trends as people exchange opinions about the government bailouts in the US.
- Mothra is trending apparently due to a growing meme of "Your Mothra..." jokes—not sure what's up with that.
- Apple seems to be trending for two reasons: folks are eating a lot of apples today and they're discussing iPhones and other Apple products.
Twitter has a great post today on top pop culture interest trends as displayed by twitter activity. In true Twitter fashion, all of the trends are described in 140 characters or less: