5.01.2008

Fighting Spam

After changing my password a couple of times, this blog has still been hit with a significant amount of post spam. I wrote blogger twice about it, but they have yet to respond to my inquiries, in really poor taste. Yesterday I noticed the spam posts were suggesting you open the attached file, which suggested that the post was actually an email. Blogger actually has a feature which allows bloggers to post articles via an email to a secret email address, and I had turned that feature on years ago but never used it. Yesterday I turned off that feature and set all incoming emails to save as a draft, hopefully cutting off the source of spam postings. For any of you who follow this blog regularly, sorry about the trouble, and if anyone has suggestions that might help, definitely leave me a comment.